Visitors to Bonsai4me can send me photographs of their bonsai, potentsai, raw material or nursery plants and I will return a virtual image showing how the material can be styled to make a good quality bonsai. All virtual designs offered are accompanied by specific instructions if needed.
All designs are achievable in a relatively short time frame and acknowledge the specific characteristics of the tree species being used.
Specific styling characteristics such as classical, abstract or naturalistic stylings can acknowledged if required by the owner.
Examples of Online Virtual Styling
(left to right) Myrtus communis nursery tree sent by P Ntavos, one of a number of images explaining the process of styling, the final design out of leaf and finally, with leaves)
European Larch virtually styled and showing design to aim for, achieveable in 2-3 years (Tim R).
Scots Pine virtual design, achievable immediately with styling (Tim R)
Two possible designs for a Cedrus libani , achieveable 1-2 years (Tim R).How the Virtual Design Service works
- Send your images of your tree to Harry@Bonsai4me.co.uk
- I will e-mail and confirm receipt of your images and quote the cost of producing the virtuals. Please note Virtual Design is a time-consuming process and cannot therefore be offered free of charge. Cost per tree is typically £15 to £20 depending on the complexity of the material and its design.
- A design, styling and development plan will be produced over the next 2-5 days. I will e-mail to confirm completion of the design and send an invoice, payable by credit or debit card.
- You will receive your design(s) and tree styling details.
- If you have any problems or queries concerning the design or the application of the design, let me know! I can only offer a refund for designs where there is a genuine reason for it's rejection. Further Details: Please read before sending your images!Virtual designs can be produced for nursery material, raw bonsai stock or actual bonsai. However, there is little point in producing designs for young trees that are not yet ready for use as bonsai. Potential trees should have a trunk diameter (at the base) of at least 1"/2.5 cm to be able to produce an acceptable bonsai design. I need clear pictures (at least 2) of the tree against a plain background, with the picture taken at tree height (not from above for instance). Images must be big enough to see individual branches clearly (minimum 400pixels on the longest side if possible).Study your tree and try to find the best 2 or 3 possible 'front' according to the roots and trunk shape. I can only design the trees according to the images you send me so it is important you find the best potential front view options possible.If more images are required for me to draw your design, I will of course contact you. Please send the dimensions, particularly the height, of your tree along with your pictures
If a certain style of design is required please let me know or if possible, include images in your e-mail.
I build the virtual design in stages, showing where to prune the tree (if needed), how to wire it and then an image showing a design to aim for in the future. Some virtuals will show new growth that will occur in the following year after styling and so are not achieveable immediately. The virtual design will assume that you are able to carry out basic wiring, pruning and horticultural care for your tree.
Though the design instructions will take heed of the basic species characteristics and ability to respond to styling, it is the responsibility of the owner of the tree to ensure it's health and vitality. If a tree is not healthy or isn't growing strongly, it is always better to delay styling of any kind.Payments can be made via Paypal.com who accept all credit and debit card payments online. Membership of Paypal.com is not required to use their services.
To send your images or for more information, please contact Harry@Bonsai4me.co.uk